Today’s lunch for our very hard working butchers was this sausage thing a ma jig.
I don’t really know what to call it as it’s just a bit of what you’ve got thrown in the pan together served with crusty bread. It always tastes great and you can use anything and everything!
9 Pork Sausages
2 Bacon Rasher, finely sliced
1 Chorizo sausage, cut on the angle
1 small brown onion, diced
12 button mushrooms, quatered
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tin of tomatoes
1. Fry sausages until almost cooked through. Chop into 1 inch pieces.
2. Move to one side in pan. Add a little oil and fry onion, garlic and bacon as well as the chorizo. When onion starts to turn opaque add the mushrooms and the tin of tomatoes and stir everything together.
3. Cook for approximately 10 mins on a medium heat until everything is cooked through.
4. Make small holes in the mixture and crack one egg into each hole.
5. Cover with lid and cook until eggs are cooked through. Serve
Hints and Tips –
– Add some fresh parsley to freshen it up a little or serve with a nice summer salad.
– You can make this in an oven dish and put it in the oven after step 4.
– Add any veg you like just be aware of how long your veg will take to cook. Eg. potatoes take longer to cook than beans so you would add these in the early stages.
– Use any sausage you like and emit the chorizo if you don’t have any.