We’re always asked in store about how to makbe soup and what to ustoto make soup. It’s alot simpler than most people think. instead of using stock from the supermarket why it make your own to use as the base for this beef noodle soup?
1kg beef soup bones (neck bones)
1 carrot roughly chopped
1 onion roughly chopped
1 celery stick roughly chopped
2 bay leaves
1 400g piece of rump, finely sliced
1/2 carrot sliced finely
1/2 onion finely sliced
1/2 capsicum finely sliced
1 small handful of fresh beans
3 tbs soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 pack rice noodles
1. Roast bones for 30 minutes in the oven. This adds flavour to your stock.
2. Combine all ingredients in a stock pot, cover with water and bring to the boil.
3. Simmer for 1.5 – 2 hrs.
1. Put 3 cups stock in a saucepan along with vegetables. Bring to a simmer.
2. Add soy and brown sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
3. Prepare rice noodles according to packet instructions.
4. Place noodles amongst bowls. Place raw beef on noodles.
5. Ladle soup mixture over beef. Your beef will cook as you do this.
Hints and Tips –
- You can use your slow cooker to make the stock. Use the high setting and leave on all day.
- You can use whatever vegetables you please.
- The beef doesn’t need pre cooking. It will cook perfectly in your soup.